The Global Pound Conference is your opportunity to be part of history.
Structured around four interactive sessions, where Core Questions will be voted and discussed on, the event aims to better understand the demand for and supply of Dispute Resolution services. Come listen to and interact with eminent international and local speakers , who will share their perspectives on the future of Dispute Resolution.
- Interactive voting using your smartphone/tablet:
Express your views on a range of vital issues affecting how disputes are resolved.
- Voting results will be projected instantly, comparing priorities by stakeholder category:
Panel discussions on the each of the voting results, with questions from participants .
You will gain knowledge, ideas and connections in the dispute resolution field to take back to your company, law firm, or institution.
Each session will generate valuable and actionable data on what dispute resolution users actually need, and how others stakeholders can help meet those needs.
- The first step towards effective change in the industry.
Join in the conversation and make a real impact in helping shape the future of commercial dispute resolution and access to justice by attending this unique event!
|08:00 - 08:30|
Registration, Tea and CoffeeNote: All registrants are requested to have the voting app already loaded and activated on their mobile device prior to taking their seats, and to have filled out their Delegate Information in the app.
|08:30 - 08:50|
Welcome from the MC Linda Clark & LOC Chair Annabel Shaw
|08:50 - 10:45|
Reviewing the voting app and technology, explanations and voting on practice questions
Voting on the 1st set of 5 core questions
1st word cloud
Panel discusses results of first set of 5 core questions
Facilitator: Geoff Sharp, Mediator
- John Swan, General Manager Claims, Vero
- Katherine Anderson, Director Legal and Risk, Auckland Council
- Amanda Greenwood, General Counsel, Fletcher Construction
- Karen Scott-Howman, Chief Executive, New Zealand Bankers Association
Arrowsmith, General Manager People and
Culture, Whanganui District Council
|10:45 - 11:15||
|11:15 - 12:45|
Voting on 2nd set of 5 core questions
2nd word cloud
Panellists discuss data on 2nd set of 5 core questions
Facilitator: Anna Quinn, Mediator
- Paul Hutcheson, Mediator
Justice Geoffrey Venning, Chief High Court Judge
- Liz Fife, Litigation Manager Technical Review and Resolution, Southern Response
- Andrew Scott-Howman, Barrister, Port Nicholson Chambers
- Grant Morris, Senior Lecturer, Victoria University of Wellington
|12:45 - 1:30||
|1:30 - 3:00|
Voting on 3rd set of 5 core questions
3rd word cloud
Panelists discuss data on 3rd set of 5 core questions
Facilitator: Nina Khouri, The University of Auckland
- Warren Sowerby, Mediator
- Martin Oettli, General Manager, Real Living Group
- John Green, Director, New Zealand Dispute Resolution Centre
- Miriam Dean QC, Barrister, Mediator, Arbitrator
- Amokura Kawharu, Associate Professor, University of Auckland
|3:00 - 3:30||
|3:30 - 5:00|
Voting on 4th set of 5 core questions
4th Word Cloud
Panelists discuss data on 4th set of 5 core questions
Facilitator: Linda Clark, Kensington Swan
- Denise Evans, Senior Resolution Practitioner, FairWay Resolution
- Daniel Kalderimis, Arbitrator, Chapman Tripp
- Kathryn Beck, President, New Zealand Law Society
- Ian Macduff, Teaching Fellow, Centre for ICT Law, University of Auckland
- Caroline Holden, Director, Government Centre for Dispute Resolution
- Katherine Anderson, Director Legal and Risk, Auckland City
|5:00 - 5:30|
Speaker: Christopher Luxon, Chief Executive Officer, Air New Zealand